Friday, May 3, 2013

2012 Yunnan Sourcing "Lao Cha Tou Brick" Ripe Pu-erh tea brick

From Yunnan Sourcing $12 for a 250 g brick

I really wanted to like this one. The texture of the brick is much nicer than most making it easy to break chunks off. The tea was a perfectly decent ripe. However, this is where I draw the line for treasures found in tea. Drinking puerh I have come accustomed to finding the occasional treasure in the tea and find it mildly entertaining picking around it. One of the most common treasured is hair, I'm sure anyone who has had the pleasure of going through a couple their own cake/brick or whatever compressed tea  is at hand has found a hair or two. This tea had the most hair I have ever seen in compressed tea. It was to the point that I just dismantled the brick after carefully harvesting enough for a couple of sessions. I would have gladly paid a a higher price for a less hairy version. I consider myself fairly tolerant with things like this but the rest of this brick is unfortunately going in the trash. It really is too bad to see this go, since it was decent tea.





No comments:

Post a Comment